Desiree's reaction to the homeless man was completely unprompted by me. She felt genuine love for that man. To see his situation change. She thought we could share our house with him. It's a beautiful thought. Sharing our house with someone that doesn't have one. I wanted to take this opportunity to share with my daughter that our human nature goes towards wanting to fix the problem rather than trusting God with the situation. Desiree wouldn't understand if I told her that we couldn't share our house with that man because we don't know if we can trust him. She doesn't understand what it means to not trust someone. Rather than teaching her not to trust someone I wanted to teach her to trust in God. I wanted to show her that God is bigger than that man's situation. That the best thing we could be capable of doing for that man was to pray for him! So she did and was it the most beautiful, innocent prayer about a man that was in a lost and desperate situation. She put her whole heart into trusting God that He loved him more than we could ever try to fix his situation.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Teaching to Trust
Desiree's reaction to the homeless man was completely unprompted by me. She felt genuine love for that man. To see his situation change. She thought we could share our house with him. It's a beautiful thought. Sharing our house with someone that doesn't have one. I wanted to take this opportunity to share with my daughter that our human nature goes towards wanting to fix the problem rather than trusting God with the situation. Desiree wouldn't understand if I told her that we couldn't share our house with that man because we don't know if we can trust him. She doesn't understand what it means to not trust someone. Rather than teaching her not to trust someone I wanted to teach her to trust in God. I wanted to show her that God is bigger than that man's situation. That the best thing we could be capable of doing for that man was to pray for him! So she did and was it the most beautiful, innocent prayer about a man that was in a lost and desperate situation. She put her whole heart into trusting God that He loved him more than we could ever try to fix his situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment